WHY SHOULD I PURCHASE WINTER TIRES?
In temperatures below 7° Celsius, you need winter tires.
At precisely 7° Celsius, the superior adhesion of winter tires begins to make a difference, regardless of road or weather conditions. With their specifically formulated rubber compounds, winter tires reduce vehicle stopping distances by up to 25% - performance that can make the difference between a close call and calling for a tow.
WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING NEW TIRES?
Look for tires that are the equivalent to the originals in size, quality and performance. Refer to your original tire for proper size or check your owner's manual. Failure to use manufacturer-recommended replacement tires might adversely affect the safety, handling and ride of your Chrysler, Dodge, FIAT, Jeep or Ram Brand vehicle. Also, you should be aware that replacing original tires with a different size might result in false speedometer and odometer readings. Oxford Dodge has the right tires for your vehicle in stock at very competitive prices.
SHOULD I REPLACE MY TIRES?
If you're wondering when you should replace your tires, it's important to know that it depends on a few factors. Tires are a crucial part of your vehicle's safety and performance, so it's essential to keep them in good condition.
Here are some guidelines to help you determine when it's time to replace your tires:
- Tread Depth: Tires have built-in wear indicators that let you know when it's time to replace them. These indicators appear as raised bars in the tire grooves. Once the tread wears down to the level of these bars, it's time to replace your tires.
- Visual Damage: If your tires have been damaged in any way, such as a puncture or cut in the sidewall, it's essential to replace them immediately. Driving on damaged tires can be dangerous and could lead to a blowout.
- Age: Tires also have an expiration date. Even if your tires have plenty of tread depth left, they can still become unsafe as they age. The rubber compounds in tires can break down over time, making them more prone to punctures, blowouts, and other types of failures. Most tire manufacturers recommend replacing tires that are more than six years old, regardless of how much tread is left.
- Seasonal Changes: Depending on where you live, you may need to replace your tires more frequently. For example, if you live in an area with harsh winters, you may want to switch to winter tires for better traction. If you live in a hot climate, you may need to replace your tires more often because high temperatures can cause them to wear out faster.
- Driving Habits: Your driving habits can also affect how often you need to replace your tires. If you frequently drive on rough roads or gravel, your tires will wear out faster than if you mostly drive on smooth highways.
It's important to keep an eye on your tires and replace them when necessary. If you're unsure whether it's time to replace your tires, come visit us in the dealership or give us a call!
TIRE STORAGE - $90 per season
Check out the video about our state of the art on site climate controlled tire storage facility. We worked with Montel and built our mobile racking system for easy access to any one of the 5000 stored tires. To learn more, have a look at the link below and see just how amazing it.